@EARKProject on Twitter
Welcome to the E-ARK Project
(European Archival Records and Knowledge Preservation)
E-ARK is a multinational big data research project that aims to improve the methods and technologies of digital archiving, in order to achieve consistency on a Europe-wide scale.
Tackling a range of problems associated with independent record-keeping technologies, systems and practices, E-ARK aims to impact the development of internationally accessible archives through: the provision of technical specifications and tools, the development of an integrated archiving infrastructure, the demonstration of improved availability, access and use, and the rigorous analysis of aggregated sets of archival data.
Running from 1st February 2014 to 31st January 2017 it is co-funded by the European Commission under its ICT Policy Support Programme (PSP) within its Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme (CIP).
Follow E-ARK through our Linkedin Group
The E-ARK project is providing:
- Guidelines on pan-European e-archiving system as part of EC e-infrastructure
- Open Archival Products (tools, services, framework, metadata specifications)
- Open Technical Products (tools, services, metadata specifications)
- Open Operational Products (ingest and access tools, services, metadata specifications)
- Open Access tools, services, metadata specifications, including data mining tools for business intelligence
- Open interfaces from tools, services, metadata specifications to existing Systems Products
- Outcomes of legal study
- Outcomes of pilots, especially where similar archival material to that under consideration was processed
- Project papers on details of integration work undertaken
Bookings are now open for our forthcoming E-ARK Conference which will be hosted by the National...
E-ARK Project Deliverable D5.3 - E-ARK Pilot DIP Specification has now been published. The...
The DLM Forum Foundation have announced the dates of their Member Meeting and AGM. These will...
We are pleased to report that the European Commission have formally accepted our Year 2 work at...
The E-ARK Project have published the Summary of their Year 2 Report submitted to the European...